Top tips for healthy living
No matter what age, you can take steps now towards better health and feeling great. Even small changes can make a big difference to how you feel.
Top five ways to better health
The five biggest changes you can make to lead a healthier, happier and longer life are:
- Quit smoking
- Be physically active everyday
- Eating healthy foods
- Limit alcohol
- Get enough sleep
Make your healthy change now
Get ideas and help in our Healthy Living section:
- Tools to assess your health risks (smoking, nutrition, weight, alcohol, physical activity and drugs)
- Healthy weight tips for children, adults and during pregnancy
- Tips for healthy eating and being active
- Healthy mind tips for looking after your mental wellbeing.
What’s your healthy change? Tell us!
Publicly committing to making changes can help you stay motivated and get results. Sharing your healthy living changes with other South Australians can also help motivate them and create a healthier state. Post your healthy change on our Facebook (opens in a new window) page, we'd love to hear from you!
Need help to make your healthy change?
Help is available when you need it.
- For help with quitting smoking call the Quitline on 13 78 48 or visit Quit SA (opens in a new window)
- Visit Healthy Weight Guide (opens in a new window) for ideas and tools for eating healthier and being active
- For help with reducing your alcohol intake visit the Drug and alcohol services page or call the Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS) on 1300 13 1340
- Learn how to Be Active (opens in a new window)
- Consider our Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service (opens in a new window) for telephone based lifestyle coaching
- Download a copy of Be as healthy as you can (PDF 197KB) (opens in a new window) for tips and useful services.